It is important to wear the correct kit when on the water in order to keep warm and dry.
The Guernsey Sailing Trust can provide:
- Bouyancy aids/life jackets
- Waterproof outer clothing/wetsuits
- Use of shower and changing rooms (for all courses based at the Guernsey Sailing Trust)
Bouyancy aids/life jackets will be provided for all courses. We only have a limited number of jackets, trousers and wetsuits and therefore cannot guarantee that the correct size or item will be available on the day.
Please bring with you:
- Bathers and a towel (for dingy and windsurfing courses)
- Shorts and t-shirt/wetsuits/warm clothing (depending on the weather), which you do not mind getting wet (we have a selection of wetsuits which can be borrowed for dingy and windsurfing courses)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (we do have some available to borrow if needed)
- Suitable footwear e.g. sailing boots, wetsuit boots, old trainers, crocs etc. *bare foot or flip flops are not permitted while sailing*
- Sun cream
- Sun hat/sun glasses
- Packed lunch or money to buy lunch, if booked on a full day course
- A change of clothes and something warm
Long hair must be tied back and it is advisable not to wear watches or jewellery.
If you suffer from sea sickness, please take or bring some medication. It’s not fun feeling sea sick!
Please Note: we cannot be held liable for any items left unattended during any courses. We do have a valuable box at all course sites which will be kept secure should you wish to keep your valuables safe.