It is important to wear the correct kit when on the water in order to keep warm and dry.
The Guernsey Sailing Trust can provide:
- Bouyancy aids/life jackets
- Waterproof outer clothing/wetsuits
- Use of changing facilites
Bouyancy aids/life jackets will be provided for all sessions and courses. We only have a limited number of jackets, trousers and wetsuits and therefore cannot guarantee that the correct size or item will be available on the day.
Please bring with you:
- Shorts and t-shirt/wetsuits/warm clothing (depending on the weather), which you do not mind getting wet for all courses (we have a selection of wetsuits which can be borrowed for dingy courses)
- We can provide waterproof jacket and trousers, however you can wear your own if you would like to.
- Suitable footwear e.g. sailing boots, wetsuit boots, old trainers, crocs etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: bare foot or flip flops are not permitted options while sailing or powerboating
- Sun hat/sun glasses / warm hat (depending on the weather)
- Packed lunch or money to buy lunch (if booked on a full day course).
- A change of clothes and something warm for all sessions and courses.
- Long hair must be tied back and it is advisable not to wear watches or jewellery.
- If you suffer from sea sickness, please take or bring some medication. It’s not fun feeling sea sick!