The Friends of the Guernsey Sailing Trust is run by a small committee and supports the Trust with fundraising and charity events.
Funds raised by the Friends, through subscriptions and fundraising, goes towards bursary places on our school holiday courses, purchasing new boats and keeping all of our equipment up to date. Support from the Friends is invaluable to the running of the Guernsey Sailing Trust and allows us to offer up to date courses with the best equipment possible, as well as offer sailing to children who may otherwise not get to experience the thrill of the sport.
Benefits of being a Friend.
- A 10% discount on all courses run at the the Guernsey Sailing Trust.
- Invites to all our fundraising events, open days and boat launches.
- Quarterly newsletter - keep up to date with all the goings on at the Guernsey Sailing Trust, arrivals of new boats, new initiatives to get people out on the water and see the schools enjoying their lessons.
To become a Friend and support the fantastic work the Trust does for the children of Guernsey complete the form below.
If you would like more details about the Friends of the Guernsey Sailing Trust then please do not hesitate to contact us.
FRIENDS OF THE GUERNSEY SAILING TRUST
About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Guernsey (www.odpc.gg). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about
2. Who are we?
- We are the Friends of the Guernsey Sailing Trust (‘Friends’). We can be contacted at The Boat House, Castle Emplacement, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1AU / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel – 01481 710877.
3. What information we collect and why.
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis of processing|
|Member’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail|
|Managing the membership of the Friends.|
|Performing the Friends’ contract with the Member.|
For the purposes of our legitimate
interests in operating the Friends.
|Bank account details of the Member or any other person making payment to the Friends.||Managing the Member’s membership of the Friends, the provision of services and events.||Performing the Friends’ contract with the Member.|
representatives of suppliers to the Friends.
|Entering into and|
managing arrangements with suppliers.
|Entering into and performing contracts with suppliers.|
- How we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100%
- For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious
5. Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will never sell your personal We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where we are required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or in paragraphs 5.2 and 5.3 below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). We do this for the purpose of our legitimate interests in operating the Friends and for performing our contract with you. However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes. It is possible that third parties may themselves engage others (sub- processors) to process your data. Where this is the case third parties will be required to have contractual arrangements with their sub-processor(s) that ensure your information is kept secure and not used for their own
6. How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the Friends and for as long afterwards as it is in the Friends’ legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need
7. Your rights
- You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data.
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is
- to have your personal data
- to have your personal data erased in certain
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Data Protection Commissioner, The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, St Martin’s House, Le Bordage, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1BR / Email – email@example.com / Tel – 01481 742074.
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to The Office Manager, Guernsey Sailing Trust LBG, The Boat House, Castle Emplacement, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1AU / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel – 01481 710877.