Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) Course
Online Course – £159
The SRC is the minimum qualification required by law to control the operation of VHF and VHF Digital Selective Calling (DSC) equipment on any British flagged vessel that is voluntarily fitted with a radio. This includes both fixed and handheld equipment using International channels.
A radio is an important piece of safety equipment on board and it is vital to understand the correct procedures. Unnecessary transmissions could block out a Mayday distress call.
Course topics include:
- the basics of radio operation
- the correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- making ship to shore communication
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue (SART)
The course is an online training programme, followed by an exam with a trained examiner. The course price includes access to the online course information, the RYA VHF Handbook, instructor support, examination fee and certificate.
Once you have booked and we have received payment, we will give you access to the RYA Interactive portal where you will be able to complete the training section of the course. We will then liaise with you to arrange the exam.